- Build ego searches using Technorati and Google Blogsearch
- Comment frequently (and meaningfully) on blogs that write about you and your posts
- Don’t forget the conversations hiding in Twitter (use Summize.com) and Friendfeed. Be sure to stay aware of those.
- If you can afford it, buy professional listening tools, like Radian6 or others in that category.
- Use Google Reader to store your ego searches.
- Use Yahoo! Site Explorer to see who’s linking to your site.
- Use heat map tools like CrazyEgg to see how people relate to your site.
- Listen to others in your area of expertise. Learn from them.
- Listen to thought leaders in other areas, and see how their ideas apply to you.
- Don’t forget podcasts. Check out iTunes and see who’s talking about your area of interest.
- Track things like audience/community sentiment (positive/negative) if you want to map effort to results.
more online here http://www.chrisbrogan.com/100-personal-branding-tactics-using-social-media/