Welcome to episode #185 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This is also episode #23 of Media Hacks. We have the whole gang present (with the exception of Chris Brogan who was too busy at CES – lucky guy!). Along with some interesting/new New Year announcements, we deep dive on the Nexus One (aka the Google Phone) which leads us into a deep conversation about data, information and the great race towards a mobile society. We also look at all of the hooplah at CES over e-readers (a topic that is near and dear to all of our hearts). As if that were not enough, we also discuss the value of content (and its perceived value) in a world where everybody wants everything for free. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:21.
- Audio comment line – please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Facebook Group – Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #23 of Media Hacks features:
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Campfire.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – Bite-Sized Edits – The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn – The Financial Aid Podcast – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Not present (busy at CES): Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C.’s new podcast: Cast of Dads.
- Hugh’s new project: Bite-Size Edits.
- Is The Ninja going to Google? (no news now, but we’ll get the exclusive!).
- Those who say they are at CES are really at AEE.
- Nexus One – The Google Phone.
- JASP – Just Another Smart Phone… or not.
- Unlocked… and what that means.
- Is Android the bigger deal here?
- Google Public DNS.
- Google applies to become power trader.
- Google’s mobile data center.
- What is Google’s business?
- Google’s philosophy.
- CES 2010 – interesting that the big talk was around e-readers (who knew?).
- VHS or Beta?
- Content and the distribution of it.
- This is the Chris Brogan Blog post: The Old Value-Cost Conversation.
- The power of Blogging versus e-newsletters.
- Value and perceived value.
- New Leaf – ‘Magic Carpet’.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #185 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Tags:advertisingaeeandroidbit size editsblogbloggingbook ovencampfirecast of dadscc chapmanceschris broganchristopher s penncontentdigital marketingfacebookfacebook groupfinancial aid podcastgoogle phonegoogle public dnshugh mcguirein over your headitunesjulien smithlibrivoxmanaging the graymarketingmarketing over coffeemedia hacksmobile data centernew leafnew marketing labsnexus oneonline social networkpodcastpodcastingsix pixels of separationsocial media marketingtrust agentstwist imagetwitterweb 20
More at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SixPixelsOfSeparation/~3/KHMENtfOK40/