Welcome to episode #195 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This is also episode #27 of Media Hacks. Some of the Media Hacks are back from SXSW and they have stories to tell (cowboy boots, Jesse James’ newest mistresses and even some stuff about the Internet) from there the conversation gets interestingly serious as we discuss doing things because they matter (not just for the Internet, but for the world). From the good, we also look at the ugly: those who adapt, adopt or tweak the ideas of others for their own personal gain. Are some ideas too easy to spread? Do they new online social networks highlight how scummy some Marketers can be? Keep in mind, the content is not safe for work. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 43:46.
- Audio comment line – please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Facebook Group – Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #27 of Media Hacks features:
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Campfire.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – Bite-Sized Edits – The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Not present:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- The expanding network that is South By Southwest (SXSW).
- More people there for interactive than for the music? (can this be true?).
- It’s all about the "hallway magic."
- Julien hangs out with Nina Hartley.
- Foursquare was "the shiny object"… again (now, new and improved with trending!).
- Ninja suggests hijacking the foursquare feed.
- Getting people active in social causes.
- Checking out the new Akoha iPhone app.
- Are these things online social networks or games?
- Digging deeper into the context of content.
- Cause related marketing with sincerity.
- Dan Pink‘s new book, Drive.
- A discussion about ideas, content and how they spread.
- Sharing, Stealing And Other Nefarious Acts.
- 6 Marketing Secrets Not Worth Sharing by Bryan Eisenberg.
- Creative Commons.
- Are all Marketers scumbags?
- What can you do that’s so unique that no one can copy and steal?
- The kindness of Bloggers… but what about the truth?
- The cult of Chris Brogan.
- The First Church of Broganology.
- David Usher – ‘Kill The Lights’.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #195 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Tags:advertisingakohabite size editsblogbloggingblue sky factorybook ovenbryan eisenbergcampfirecc chapmanchris broganchristopher s penndan pinkdavid usherdigital marketingfacebookfacebook groupfoursquarehugh mcguirein over your headiphone appitunesjulien smithlibrivoxmanaging the graymarketingmarketing over coffeemedia hacksnew marketing labsnina hartleyonline social networkpodcastpodcastingsix pixels of separationsocial media marketingsouth by southwestsxswtrust agentstwist imagetwitterweb 20
More at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SixPixelsOfSeparation/~3/E1B3MCQuwE4/